Market data traffic rose sharply this year as summer volatility sent markets swinging back and forth, causing new record message volumes, and as newer options exchanges gained traction, leading industry participants to more closely monitor and upgrade their infrastructure to ensure sufficient headroom for the growing rates.
The current record peak according to MarketDataPeaks.com stands at 6.65 million messages per second (mps) on Oct. 7, compared to the 2010 peak of 3.25 million mps—though the
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Fintech Could Demolish Europe’s Capital Markets Union Barriers