With vanilla cash asset classes like equities lacking volatility and opportunity in 2012—according to recent figures, the annual performance of Wall Street banks’ equities desks could be the worst in six years—financial firms have turned to alternative assets such as over-the-counter derivatives and commodities to diversify their revenue streams, creating a surge of demand for insight into alternative datasets and products.
This year saw numerous data deals—many involving the trading arms of Cen
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse