Visible Alpha began life as part of TheMarkets.com─a platform for banks to share research with investors launched by a consortium of investment banks─intended to help derive insight from firms' analyst earnings models. In 2010, TheMarkets.com was sold to S&P Capital IQ, and Visible Alpha spun off into a separate business that was initially run as a project until early last year when officials decided to set it up as a fully-fledged business.
"We took a feed from all our customers and created one
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming