As someone who has been automating trading systems for over 10 years, the recent attention on high-frequency trading (HFT) is a bit surprising. The latest popular view is that HFT is the primary cause of dangerous trading behavior that manipulates markets, fosters front-running, and other market-distorting behavior.
But to suggest that HFT is the root of all evil is misguided. In many ways, trading is one of the world's purest forms of capitalism, and this expression of capitalism has benefited t
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act