Last week, several people expressed concerns over US government proposals (the Over-the-Counter Derivatives Markets Act of 2009) to mandate central clearing for some OTC derivatives-and, in some cases, to trade certain swaps on exchanges or other venues-bringing them under the purview of the Securities and Exchange Commission or the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
In particular, the proposal that, barring some exceptions, "a swap that is standardized shall be traded on an exchange or an alt
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II