While both the UK's Financial Services Authority and the US Securities and Exchange Commission have outlawed the use of commissions to pay for certain activities, firms can still use commissions to pay for research and execution services. This has focused the debate over soft dollaring on the research industry in particular.
John Meserve, chairman of independent research provider BNY Jaywalk, says, "The number one issue is, how do you put a value on research?" When the SEC restricted the prac
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II