“We obtain both local and global vendors, but we always struggle to balance which we deploy… [as] local solutions often involve greater overheads,” said Ernest Fan, vice president at Morgan Stanley. Though local vendors can provide better region-specific coverage, they often charge significantly more for the same data provided by their global competitors, he told delegates.
“The big difference is that global vendors sometimes do not see our local mentality. They approach us as if their way of
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Fintech Could Demolish Europe’s Capital Markets Union Barriers