Reuters’ suit against Bloomberg, filed in New York late on Friday, July 11, may help it gain revenues and market share, says one industry observer.
Reuters argues that Bloomberg has violated three of its electronic trading patents and is seeking an injunction against Bloomberg and unspecified damages. The Reuters patents cover negotiated matching and distribution technologies used across Reuters’ entire suite of "automatic dealing products," says a Reuters spokesperson.
If the suit is success
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side Performance Measurement and Attribution Product—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit