Centralization of data management and governance is the best means of oversight for reference data and reducing data complexity, according to chief data officers (CDOs) who discussed oversight needs on a panel at the European Financial Information Summit.
Reducing complexity and ensuring responsibility for data accuracy are tasks that should be part of a CDO's purview, said Edward Boag, CDO at Pioneer Investments. Boag's colleague, Vincent Benita, CDO at BNP Paribas, countered that IT profession
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- Deutsche Bank's Innovation Guru Shares Secrets at Inaugural Innovation Summit