Rhode Island-The potential merger of Reuters and Thomson could be "problematic" to customers, according to user panelists at the FISD World Financial Information Conference in Rhode Island in September, where consolidation was a recurring topic.
The panelists said several aspects of the merger, announced in May, were unclear to them and they did not know which products would survive in the combined company.
One example raised was estimates data, a business both firms are in, and users were uns
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp