If the financial services sector existed in a perfect world where pristine data management was king, firms would undoubtedly maintain a single view of their clients. As it is, deposit-takers operate in a scrambled labyrinth. By failing to homogenize during badly managed pre-crisis mergers and acquisitions, and because subdivisions within firms snubbed each other as their data management platforms evolved, customer data has become increasingly siloed.
The upshot is mildly perilous: if a single cl
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Women in Data and Technology Awards Open for Entries
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won