In feel-good movies, the main characters often make exciting career changes - escapes to the perfect life. Hollywood's view of that perfect life is typically focused on high-flying stock brokers or movie makers, but the real world's view of the perfect escape route can just as well be a move to reference data management.
In fact, 10 years ago, data management became Chris Johnson's escape - it was his way to get out of investment banking and the career he had built up in middle-office derivatives
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming