IRD: What can be done to increase harmonization of instrument identification codes?
Karin De Ridder: Swift is not directly involved in the standardization of financial instrument identifiers, although we do recommend that the ISIN ISO standard be used as the primary identification number for a security in the Swift securities messages. The fact that more and more industry initiatives, such as the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) and Target2Securities, recommend the ISIN will
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: Best Data Management Initiative—Deutsche Bank
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won