Managed services became more appealing for data managers at UBS as operational cost and regulatory issues mounted after 2008, according to Simon Feddo, director of operations at UBS in London.
"For a lot of the processes we have within operations, we don't want that complexity in the business model anymore. We would like to outsource it to reduce our permanent cost base and focus on the key areas that support revenue generation or cannot be given to a third party," he says.
The challenge, once m
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit