When Mary Kotch, an accomplished IT executive at MetLife and AIG, joined Validus, a smaller re-insurance company, as its global chief information officer in April, she began by spending time with different departments of the firm to learn how they worked, rather than instituting an operations plan immediately.
"I don't believe in starting data governance programs first," she says. "You need the business to realize that in a partnership between us, them and operations, if we can show them how the
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act