LONDON - The UK's financial watchdog, the Financial Services Authority (FSA), has expressed doubts about the wisdom of extending MiFID to the bond markets.
The FSA says that before any new regulations are introduced, it should be established whether bond markets do in fact exhibit any market failures that are caused by insufficient transparency. According to the FSA there is no evidence of significant market failures related to transparency in the UK's wholesale bond markets.
Based on response
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit