Data vendor Interactive Data has been granted a second patent by the US Patent and Trademark Office for a process developed to use for fair-value pricing of a financial asset.
The new patent, for a process used by the vendor's fair-value information service, covers a business process extending to pricing of securities, which are not actively trading in a liquid market, even though the market is open.
The process was invented by Peter Ciampi, market analyst at Interative Data, and Eric Zitzewitz,
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling