The decision earlier in October by mutual fund company Vanguard Group to drop index provider MSCI's benchmarks in January due to their cost could change the perspective of other benchmark data users, according to a director of a research consultancy that serves 200 member firms.
"Prior to the Vanguard news, when we surveyed our membership, virtually every firm complained about the level of direction of the costs but felt that there was not much they could do about it," says Phil Tattersall, dire
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers