Changes to the liquidity coverage ratio (LCR) announced on January 6 by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision increase the number and types of securities that banks can use to meet liquidity requirements under Basel III regulation, says an observer of Basel III regulatory developments.
"Now regulators have included allegedly highly rated corporate bonds and mortgage-backed securities (MBSs)," says Mayra Rodríguez Valladares, managing principal of consultancy MRV Associates. "This enables th
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act