The final regulations of the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (Fatca) have been published in the US Federal Register, providing clarity about what firms need to do to comply with the US anti-tax evasion regulation.
Fatca will require non-US financial firms to report information to US tax authorities about financial accounts held by US taxpayers, or by foreign entities in which US taxpayers hold a substantial ownership interest. It also mandates the withholding of tax on US-connected payments to
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act