The Object Management Group (OMG), a non-profit standards consortium, is putting forward a Financial Instrument Global Identifier (FIGI) specification based on Bloomberg's Open Symbology for securities identification.
OMG is inviting public comment on FIGI through May 19. OMG's Architecture Board plans to vote on a completed FIGI specification in December.
By using Bloomberg's Open Symbology as a basis for FIGI, those using the specification will get an open standard that is more accessible than
A look at what's to come at FIA Boca; Finra was named the CAT plan processor; a Waters magazine relaunch.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Women in Technology & Data Awards 2019: All the Winners and Why they Won
- A Blueprint for Alternative Data in Asset Management
- AFTAs 2018 Winner's Video: SS&C Advent Bags Front Office and IT Team Categories
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Vendor Partnership or Alliance Professional of the Year—Marisol Collazo, DTCC
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Gender Equality Professional of the Year—Frieda Lewis, Broadridge Financial Solutions