The Object Management Group (OMG), a non-profit standards consortium, is putting forward a Financial Instrument Global Identifier (FIGI) specification based on Bloomberg's Open Symbology for securities identification.
OMG is inviting public comment on FIGI through May 19. OMG's Architecture Board plans to vote on a completed FIGI specification in December.
By using Bloomberg's Open Symbology as a basis for FIGI, those using the specification will get an open standard that is more accessible than
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling