New York-based alternative data provider Thasos, which captures geolocation data from mobile phones, has hired Chris Metaxas as chief revenue officer, responsible for all sales activity and strategic partnerships.
Metaxas was previously CEO of location data and analytics provider Digital Recognition Network, which was acquired earlier this year by Motorola.
Before that, he was president of sales and business optimization advisory firm MetaPartners, prior to which he was SVP of LexisNexis’
Bloomberg’s Gerard Francis looks at the challenges that capital markets firms face when trying to incorporate alternative datasets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019: All the Winners and Why They Won
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 161: Gerard Francis of Bloomberg
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019: Best Data Provider to the Sell Side—FactSet
- Data Standardization Remains Top ESG Roadblock
- Banks and Bourses Increasingly Combine Cloud, AI for Data Projects