Tie-ups between the stock exchanges that bear the names of cities and countries always make headlines. But, for those involved in the deals, once they get past the boardroom, the real work can lie in picking apart technology and infrastructure. It is not often an easy task. The technology and data burden can often involve many months or years of planning and integration, especially in circumstances where exchanges are anchored to legacy systems.
“Getting to the requirements is often the
Bloomberg’s Gerard Francis looks at the challenges that capital markets firms face when trying to incorporate alternative datasets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019: All the Winners and Why They Won
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 161: Gerard Francis of Bloomberg
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019: Best Data Provider to the Sell Side—FactSet
- Data Standardization Remains Top ESG Roadblock
- Banks and Bourses Increasingly Combine Cloud, AI for Data Projects