While there are a plethora of tools claiming to perform pre-trade analysis of trades, many simply factor the proposed trade into firms’ preset risk parameters that determine how much of an asset a firm is comfortable holding. Actually delivering a pre-trade, real-time analysis tool—either for predicting market impact or measuring transaction cost analysis (TCA)—that provides an indicator as accurate as a trader’s “gut feel” is harder and more resource-intensive than one might first think.
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Data-Driven Regulators: Handling the Uptick in Regulatory Reporting
- Evolve or Die: Asset Managers Cultivate Data Science Teams