Time is running out for an industry-led consolidated tape solution in Europe.
The revised Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (Mifid II) introduces the concept of a consolidated tape provider (CTP). According to Article 65, a CTP collects post-trade data published by trading venues and approved publication arrangements (APAs) and will consolidate them into a continuous live data stream and make the data available to the public, both for equity and non-equity products.
Bryan Cross, who heads UBS Asset Management's QED group, joins to discuss alternative data and AI.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Problem Solver: Paul Bari, Nordea
- JP Morgan's FX Algo Tool Launches on Bloomberg Terminal
- Refinitiv Consolidates Data Insights on China's Belt and Road Initiative
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 153: Nasdaq's Lars Ottersgård
- CAT’s Tale: How Thesys, the SROs and the SEC Mishandled the Consolidated Audit Trail