MT Newswires CEO Brooks McFeely says the company expects to increase the size of its global newsroom by around 50 percent this year to fully cover the market.
“We have a number of reporters in Asia, but we want to cover Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Tokyo initially. We already provide oil coverage and broad economic news about the region, and we want to move into providing single-name equities news,” he says, adding that the vendor aims to launch coverage of Asian equity markets
Bloomberg’s Gerard Francis looks at the challenges that capital markets firms face when trying to incorporate alternative datasets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019: All the Winners and Why They Won
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 161: Gerard Francis of Bloomberg
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019: Best Data Provider to the Sell Side—FactSet
- Data Standardization Remains Top ESG Roadblock
- Banks and Bourses Increasingly Combine Cloud, AI for Data Projects