Real-time gross settlement system, currency exchange, and remittance network provider Ripple sees growth opportunities in Southeast Asia, driven mainly by the challenges in correspondent banking processes within the region.
Marcus Treacher, senior vice president of customer success at Ripple, believes cross-border payments today are “broken” as banks are still using “archaic” correspondent banking systems that result in transactions that are slow, unreliable and expensive.
Bryan Cross, who heads UBS Asset Management's QED group, joins to discuss alternative data and AI.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Problem Solver: Paul Bari, Nordea
- JP Morgan's FX Algo Tool Launches on Bloomberg Terminal
- Refinitiv Consolidates Data Insights on China's Belt and Road Initiative
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 153: Nasdaq's Lars Ottersgård
- CAT’s Tale: How Thesys, the SROs and the SEC Mishandled the Consolidated Audit Trail