Antitrust regulators in the UK have cleared the Chicago Mercantile Exchange Group’s (CME’s) acquisition of London-based NEX Group, paving the way for the two firms to form a significant force in global derivatives trading.
The CME is planning a share-and-cash acquisition of NEX, which was formed after interdealer broker Icap sold its voice-broking business to Tullett Prebon in 2016. NEX operates a number of electronic markets in currency and fixed-income trading, as well as a technology arm
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain