One short year ago, Virgin Atlantic’s data strategy was just getting off the ground.
“In 2017, we started off with no data warehouse,” Tim Lum, the airline’s head of data and insight told delegates at the European Financial Information Summit. “Data was in complete silos. We didn’t even have an enterprise data warehouse. In similar vein to regulated industries, we had them in specific silos in order to cater for specific regulations. We had no governance, no process, no analytics. We only had
Julie Lerner joins to talk about the hemp market and PanXchange's launch of a hemp exchange.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Consolidated Tape Will Not Make Data Cheaper
- Plato’s Planned Platform Could Serve as Precursor to European Consolidated Tape
- Real Estate as a Tradeable Asset Class Faces Data Hurdles
- Bloomberg Expands Regulatory Reporting Suite with RegTek Buy
- Blockchain Could Unlock Value of Real Estate as an Asset Class