One short year ago, Virgin Atlantic’s data strategy was just getting off the ground.
“In 2017, we started off with no data warehouse,” Tim Lum, the airline’s head of data and insight told delegates at the European Financial Information Summit. “Data was in complete silos. We didn’t even have an enterprise data warehouse. In similar vein to regulated industries, we had them in specific silos in order to cater for specific regulations. We had no governance, no process, no analytics. We only had
Bryan Cross, who heads UBS Asset Management's QED group, joins to discuss alternative data and AI.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Problem Solver: Paul Bari, Nordea
- JP Morgan's FX Algo Tool Launches on Bloomberg Terminal
- Refinitiv Consolidates Data Insights on China's Belt and Road Initiative
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 153: Nasdaq's Lars Ottersgård
- CAT’s Tale: How Thesys, the SROs and the SEC Mishandled the Consolidated Audit Trail