Neville Caines, operations manager at the BSX, says the exchange—via its relationship with CUSIP Global Services—is issuing LEIs to listed and unlisted Bermuda-domiciled companies, in association with the Global LEI Foundation (GLEIF).
He clarifies that the LEI code does not replace CUSIP ISIN numbers, which identify a security to facilitate the clearing and settlement of trades. Instead, the LEI code is associated with specific reference data for the financial entity.
“The BSX actually began
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain