Spinning off proprietary trading desks is the most daunting challenge associated with the Volcker Rule, by far. Beginning on July 21st, though, other vestiges of the Rule will begin to gain real relevance, as well.
On that date, tier-one banks will need to begin keeping tabs on ownership in select 'covered funds' under Volcker, bought during or after 2014.
This includes monitoring three percent de minimis ownership thresholds, single-fund limits, aggregate limits, and other calculations. After t
Anthony and James hit on a wide-range of topics, from Brexit in the UK, to the SGX-NSE fight in APAC, to the Supreme Court's decision on cellphone location data in the US.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Episode 126: Brexit Fallout; the SGX-NSE Battle Continues; Cellphone Location Data
- Burton-Taylor: Regulation-Driven Data Spend to Grow, But Desktops Threaten Resurgence
- CME Group Adds Two Alt Data Providers to DataMine
- Banks, Bourses and Regulators Form Spanish-Market DLT Venture
- Bloomberg Eyes Amsterdam for Trading and Reporting Platforms