Under the EU’s forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), due to take effect in May 2018, banks face fines of up to 4 percent of their global turnover if they suffer a serious data breach. To put that in context, had the GDPR been in place when cyber criminals stole some £2.5 million ($3.1 million) from Tesco Bank customers’ accounts in early November 2016, the bank would have been hit with an estimated £1.9 billion fine—not to mention a raft of potential new avenues for customers to
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Fintech Could Demolish Europe’s Capital Markets Union Barriers