The European Securities and Markets Authority (Esma) has received the greatest share of new capabilities under the proposal from the European Commission (EC). According to documents released on September 20, it will have the ability to directly supervise certain investment funds that carry the EU name, approve certain EU prospectuses and all non-EU prospectuses drawn up under EU rules.
The European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs) is the collective name for Esma, the European Banking Authority
A discussion about blockchain projects in the capital markets, the crypto space and further delays for the CAT.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- A Blueprint for Alternative Data in Asset Management
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Rising Star (End-User)—Irene Kan, TD Securities
- Women in Financial Services: The Shameful Truth
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Legal/Compliance Professional of the Year—Miranda Morad, MarketAxess
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Technology Innovator of the Year (Vendor)—Regina Williamson, London Stock Exchange Group