The European Securities and Markets Authority (Esma) has received the greatest share of new capabilities under the proposal from the European Commission (EC). According to documents released on September 20, it will have the ability to directly supervise certain investment funds that carry the EU name, approve certain EU prospectuses and all non-EU prospectuses drawn up under EU rules.
The European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs) is the collective name for Esma, the European Banking Authority
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'
- Banks, Asset Managers Turn to Web Scraping to Generate Alpha