As bitcoin tripled in price to emerge from its first crypto winter, and as the last expiry of the Chicago Board Options Exchange’s (CBOE’s) cash-settled bitcoin futures expired, contracts of the same style offered by the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) soared to a record $508 million in May. But over the last year, a different method of connecting regulated institutions to nascent bitcoin spot markets has brewed within other exchanges: futures contracts that settle in bitcoin itself.
Julie Lerner joins to talk about the hemp market and PanXchange's launch of a hemp exchange.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Plato’s Planned Platform Could Serve as Precursor to European Consolidated Tape
- Consolidated Tape Will Not Make Data Cheaper
- The Secret Source: Machine Learning and Open Source Come Together
- Bloomberg Expands Regulatory Reporting Suite with RegTek Buy
- Blockchain Could Unlock Value of Real Estate as an Asset Class