Hardly anyone can say they survived the late October market swings without a scratch, but the initial assessments at T. Rowe Price was that advance planning paid off, according to the Baltimore mutual fund company's chief information officer, Michael Goff.
"We had set up a task force a few years ago to look at a day like this," Goff says. Several fund companies either misquoted or omitted closing prices on some of their funds for Tuesday, October 28 (see related stories, this issue), but T. R
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- Deutsche Bank's Innovation Guru Shares Secrets at Inaugural Innovation Summit