LONDON--UK electronic stock exchange Tradepoint and the SWX Swiss Exchange have joined forces to create the first pan-European stock exchange, with SWX providing the trading platform and some new liquidity to give it an extra boost.
Tradepoint will change its name to Virt-x, the new venture’s moniker, and SWX will transfer all the trading of its blue-chip shares over to the new system. SWX’s EBS trading platform, a completely proprietary system, will be the underlying technology for Virt-x.
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain