Richard Balarkas plans to step down as CEO of Instinet Europe to pursue other interests, according to reports. He will remain in his position as head of Instinet Europe, Nomura's agency brokerage arm, until a replacement is named.
Balarkas made his name at Credit Suisse, where he eventually became global head of sales for its Advanced Execution Services (AES) algorithmic trading division. He came to Instinet in 2008, two years after Nomura purchased it for $1.2 billion from US private equity gro
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Stewart Carmichael, Schroders
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 95: Bitcoin/Blockchain News, BNP's Acquisition, Post-Trade Tech