Alternative data provider M Science has launched a new weather data and visualization solution, named M Data Viz. The tool takes weather-related datasets, which were previously accessible from the company’s M Analysis research reports, and allows users to drill into this information to bolster their investment theses. Added to that are customizable visualization tools.
M Data Viz uses a heat map of the United States, which measures the density of a certain retailer throughout the country. From
Bloomberg’s Gerard Francis looks at the challenges that capital markets firms face when trying to incorporate alternative datasets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019: All the Winners and Why They Won
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 161: Gerard Francis of Bloomberg
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019: Best Data Provider to the Sell Side—FactSet
- Data Standardization Remains Top ESG Roadblock
- Banks and Bourses Increasingly Combine Cloud, AI for Data Projects