Last year Vela rebranded itself to move beyond being a market-data specialist—a reputation that was built on SR Labs’ offering and the addition of the Wombat team, which SR Labs bought from the Intercontinental Exchange Group in 2013—toward more of an end-to-end trading platform provider.
To help speed up that evolution, last month it announced the acquisition of OptionsCity, a Chicago-based vendor specializing in futures and options trading and analytics. Jennifer Nayar, CEO of Vela, tells Wat
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling