Potamus, founded in 2012 and based in Boston, runs a low-latency, co-located trading platform targeted towards buy-side firms with large volume orders. It provides algorithmic execution and transparency to clients. The broker-dealer notes its aim with the platform is to cut down on execution costs.
Potamus would not disclose terms of the investment, but managing partner and chief technology officer Paul Govereau tells WatersTechnology that SBI approached them.
“SBI saw what we were doing with
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain