Potamus, founded in 2012 and based in Boston, runs a low-latency, co-located trading platform targeted towards buy-side firms with large volume orders. It provides algorithmic execution and transparency to clients. The broker-dealer notes its aim with the platform is to cut down on execution costs.
Potamus would not disclose terms of the investment, but managing partner and chief technology officer Paul Govereau tells WatersTechnology that SBI approached them.
“SBI saw what we were doing with
Bryan Cross, who heads UBS Asset Management's QED group, joins to discuss alternative data and AI.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Problem Solver: Paul Bari, Nordea
- JP Morgan's FX Algo Tool Launches on Bloomberg Terminal
- Refinitiv Consolidates Data Insights on China's Belt and Road Initiative
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 153: Nasdaq's Lars Ottersgård
- CAT’s Tale: How Thesys, the SROs and the SEC Mishandled the Consolidated Audit Trail