Recent actions against Bloomberg and Ice for violations relating to evaluated pricing services suggest the US regulator may be setting the stage for stricter regulations to govern the sector.
The chief data officer has become recognized as a key role in a financial firm’s ability to manage its data assets, and reduce costs and risk. So why is it also so notoriously short-lived?
A look at some recent people moves within the capital markets tech and data space.
Once wary of the cloud, financial firms, their suppliers and the marketplaces where they trade are openly embracing it. And there are more signs of big tech firms accelerating buy-in by literally buying in to clients’ migration projects.
SteelEye CEO Matt Smith talks on the podcast about the regulatory landscape for electronic and voice communications compliance.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- SEC’s $5M Bloomberg BVAL fine targets ‘dark magic’ in fixed-income pricing
- Large language models: Another AI wave has come—what could it bring?
- Putting a price on your head (of data): The ROI of a CDO
- New tech disrupts traditional book-building process for institutional investors
- This Week: Isda, Citco/Fenergo, Liquidnet & more