Barra Inc., a provider of investment management tools and analytical software, has acquired a minority stake in interdealer Treasury broker Liberty Brokerage Inc. Through the purchase, announced last week, Barra will gain access to Liberty's Treasury data.
Barra paid $5.5 million for a stake of less than 10 percent of the broker. The vendor will receive a seat on the board and voting preferred stock that is convertible into Liberty common stock.
The two companies are further discussing the
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground