In one of the most suspense-filled months in the history of the market data business, Quotron Systems, Inc. hemmed, hawed, and then definitively stiff-armed Citicorp, Inc.'s $680 million takeover bid. But the suspense isn't over. The merger arbitrage crowd has moved in, and few observers expect Quotron to hang on to its independence. Here's the chronology of events since Citicorp finally admitted to the world how much it covets Quotron:
March 18th: Citicorp says that in letter to Quotron chai
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act