In this industry, time is money, and JPMorgan’s fixed-income exotics and hybrid business dramatically decreased the time cost of its end-to-end valuation and risk calculations by porting the business’s existing C++ models on to field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs).
The three-year project, which involved the bank’s applied analytics group and data-acceleration platform vendor Maxeler Technologies, sped up the calculation time for multi-factor Monte Carlo interest-rate models, multi-nominal tree
Anthony and James hit on a wide-range of topics, from Brexit in the UK, to the SGX-NSE fight in APAC, to the Supreme Court's decision on cellphone location data in the US.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Episode 126: Brexit Fallout; the SGX-NSE Battle Continues; Cellphone Location Data
- Burton-Taylor: Regulation-Driven Data Spend to Grow, But Desktops Threaten Resurgence
- Banks, Bourses and Regulators Form Spanish-Market DLT Venture
- Bloomberg Eyes Amsterdam for Trading and Reporting Platforms
- CME Group Adds Two Alt Data Providers to DataMine