Susan Estes, co-founder of Jersey City-based bond trading platform OpenDoor Securities, and recipient of the vendor professional of the year (trading & risk) category, occupies a somewhat unique position in the financial services industry: She is CEO and president of what must be one of the only organizations majority owned and operated by women. “We didn’t start out looking for a female lead investor but, once secured, as we’ve moved forward, we’ve tried to maintain that bias,” she explains.
Bloomberg’s Gerard Francis looks at the challenges that capital markets firms face when trying to incorporate alternative datasets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019: All the Winners and Why They Won
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 161: Gerard Francis of Bloomberg
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019: Best Data Provider to the Sell Side—FactSet
- Data Standardization Remains Top ESG Roadblock
- Banks and Bourses Increasingly Combine Cloud, AI for Data Projects