Modeling plays a crucial role in the over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives market, determining the approximate market value of equities, options, futures and bonds traded off-exchange. However, given the approximate nature of the valuations, Bob Park, CEO of Vancouver-based valuation and risk management solutions provider Fincad, says not enough attention has been paid to the limitations of models due to a lack of sufficient tests and model validation.
"A key problem in 2007 and 2008 was that peopl
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 95: Bitcoin/Blockchain News, BNP's Acquisition, Post-Trade Tech
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Stewart Carmichael, Schroders
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act