Modeling plays a crucial role in the over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives market, determining the approximate market value of equities, options, futures and bonds traded off-exchange. However, given the approximate nature of the valuations, Bob Park, CEO of Vancouver-based valuation and risk management solutions provider Fincad, says not enough attention has been paid to the limitations of models due to a lack of sufficient tests and model validation.
"A key problem in 2007 and 2008 was that
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground