Black swan events are every capacity manager's nightmare. You can build out your system to accommodate maximum data usage, and for 299 straight days that system will work perfectly. Then comes that damned black swan, in the form of a sudden spike in usage, and the system gets overwhelmed.
At a panel on capacity at the North American Trading Architecture Summit in New York last week, part of the discussion was on the different approaches to handling the spike days in an industry where message vol
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Data-Driven Regulators: Handling the Uptick in Regulatory Reporting
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Evolve or Die: Asset Managers Cultivate Data Science Teams