US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) commissioner Scott O’Malia outlined the Commission’s approach to regulating high-frequency trading (HFT) and its own expanding use of technology, in the opening address to the Sifma 2012 conference.
O'Malia says defining HFT and other forms of automated trading, and distinguishing between them, is a key underpinning of effective regulatory strategy. He cites the work already accomplished by the Technology Advisory Committee (TAC) as laying the
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground