Cayman uses similar technology to the Derwent fund, which received a large degree of attention at the time of its launch following research that found large-scale movements in the Dow Jones Industrial Average could be predicted by analyzing sentiment from social network Twitter.
"It's different in one respect, from a trading side, in that we're not just using sentiment analysis but we're also using social media to uncover news before it breaks," Hawtin explains. "For example, if you look at the
Anthony and James examine some of the key themes that will be on display at the inaugural North American Innovation Summit.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- Hammonds Out as Deutsche Bank’s Leadership Woes Continue
- Bogen to Head Execution Services for Dash Financial
- Veronica Augustsson: At the Crossroads of Business and Technology
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 117: Machine Learning, Chatbots & Fintechs