The risk process should revolve around enabling bright people to flexibly exercise their intellect and act on their instincts. If they are slaves to the capability, or lack thereof, of the tools at their disposal, boxed in by what the analytics can't do, then the people asset is wasted.
"If you look at what people traditionally did in risk management, they ran very long-running calculations, typically over the weekend or maybe overnight if they were good," he says. "They would generate some data
Greg Skibiski joins the podcast to give his views the alternative data space and where it's going.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- SST Awards 2018 Winner's Interview – Broadridge Financial Solutions
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 132: Thasos Group’s CEO Talks Alternative Data
- Waters Rankings 2018 Winner's Interview: Moody's Analytics
- Configurable Data Validation, PMS Integration Come to Advent’s New Exception Management Solution
- Waters Rankings 2018 Winner's Interview: Numerix